Moloch, Ruler of the Spirit Realm is the boss of The Whisperwood, he is summoned when the altar at the start of the level receives damage from any source including enemies (possible bug). On death, Moloch has a chance to drop Moloch's Wrath.
Moloch, Ruler of the Spirit Realm, gains additional health and damage on Challenge Level 1 and above, but has the same appearance and behavior as before.
- Melee. Colliding with Moloch will damage the player for 20 HP.
- Spirit Spheres. Moloch will launch 5 consecutive spheres from underneath him that will travel towards the player, fanning out to cover a large area dealing 12 damage per sphere is touched. This attack is always directed at the current location of the player and every shot is aimed independantly, so if you simply walk in a dircetion they are most likely not going to hit you.
- Spirit Bombs. Moloch will place faint green circles close to the player that after a very short time will explode in a wide radius like Plasma Grenades, dealing 18 damage per explosion.
- It's very important to find an open space to fight in before you summon him.
- Almost never stop moving while fighting Moloch, since all of his attacks are directed at your current position.
- A very easy way of dodging his attacks is know when they'll come. Before using Spirit Bombs Moloch will moan, so you'll know when to run.